I did this flawless, glamorous makeup look using the @blackopalbeauty (on Instagram), [www.blackopalbeauty.com] True Color Pore Perfecting Liquid Foundation!
My review: I love everything about this foundation!! This look is created using my regular foundation routine, which lives on my YouTube!
It is a matte finish, pore minimizing foundation which is a PLUS for oily or combo oily skin types. With those specific skin types, it is crucial to find a matte-finish foundation to help combat the excessive oils that seeps through our skin throughout the day. Some foundations that I have tried that are said to be of a matte-finish, can be too drying & will starting 'cracking' or give fine lines immediately after setting the face with loose or pressed powder. Which isn't a pleasant appearance on anyone. It doesn't crack in the parts of my face that can be drying or give pronounced fine lines; around the mouth, forehead & under the eyes. It doesn't look 'cakey' before it is set or after.
It is NOT red!! It's more on the yellow-orange tone which is great for areas that need more spot correction. I didn't use an orange corrector either.
Another plus, very inexpensive product that retails for $11.42. It can be purchased at CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, & other drugstores that are in your area! Keep in mind that you can use coupons on beauty products!
Although it states that it is light to medium coverage, it is very opaque & can be build-able. You can also use it as a natural highlight where you would normally use concealer. I swear Black Opal heard our cry, the foundation has a PUMP! I dang near cried when I saw the pump! Definitely will add more shades to my kit! Great job Black Opal!!!
For any matte-finish foundations, their are key things that need to work brilliantly to make it kit worthy or for personal use!
1. Cost efficient = product performance; Simply, for the cost of the product, the performance of the product has to match or supersede the cost itself.
2. Durable packaging; Can it fit in my kit? Is the packaging PLASTIC & not glass? Does it have a pump for easy disbursing?
3. Opaque & color correction; Most of my clients like full yet natural coverage. I love foundations that are opaque but not 'cakey' looking. It is a plus if the foundation has a yellow, yellow-orange tones for those that need more loving on dark circles or dark spots on the face.
4. Non-oxidized foundation; I don't need my clients to turn super orange or super red throughout the day. Point blank!
5. Multiple-uses; It can be used as a concealer & a contour product, not just a foundation.